OIA has succeeded over the years in large part due to its ability to be an effective and invaluable partner to its many joint ventures. It has the ability to quickly organize and develop projects while allowing local partners to confidently focus on more pressing priorities. OIA’s experience includes proven methodologies to protect your non-profit status (if applicable), create positive cash flow to your organization, better serve your referring physicians, and most importantly, improve the level of patient care in your community.
Outpatient Imaging Affiliates’ joint venture model is based on the following general parameters:
- Structuring each project as a joint venture, typically a Limited Liability Corporation, with OIA, the local partners and possibility the affiliated radiology group contributing equity in proportion to ownership.
- Each center will operate under the direction of a Board of Managers, which is comprised of the venture partners in portion of their ownership interest.
- All center profits, losses, and cash distributions are shared in proportion to ownership.
- OIA enters into a long-term agreement to assume responsibility for the management, marketing, payor contracting, and billing & collections functions of the center.
- Center contracts with radiology group for the provision of interpretive services.